Thursday, October 09, 2003

Ding Dong, the class is dead!

I cannot tell you how good I feel today. I feel like dancing, cartwheels...weeding the yard. More signs of impending Armageddon, but O, I feel good! Wednesday was THE last day for that 9-week, rather-eat-snails-than-do-again, Dr. Hair Shirt of a class. Yahoo! Yippee! Calloo, callay my frabjous readers!

I didn't realize what a burden it had been to me until after I had turned in my final. I found myself walking to my car singing 'Ding dong, the witch is dead' from the Wizard of Oz and trying to remember all of the correct words. I wanted verse and chorus, although if I remember properly there was only ever really a chorus. Still, enthusiasm triumphed over both memory and talent. If you were anywhere near me last Wednesday you might be forgiven for presuming I'd lost my mind. I didn't lose my mind, just a gigantic headache! O the stress is gone, my marriage might even survive, and the kids don't need therapy. Whee, what a week!

Tonight I continue celebrating with a cup of coffee, a skein of yarn, and the umpteenth millionth rerun of Pride and Prejudice. Caffeine, socks, and Jane Austen -- what more can a mildly-unbalanced mind need? However, in my defense, I did promise an awful lot of socks for Christmas...and Christmas is creeping ever closer on the calendar. Saturday I'm going to really celebrate: I'm going to San Diego to buy too much yarn and a few more needles than I need. More importantly, I'm going to be getting together with a friend I don't get to see very often, and she is going to ply me with gossip, greenery in the form of a mint plant, and the best calimari I've ever had. Come to think of it, the only calimari I've ever had...but hey, done properly, squid can taste good.

No comments: