Friday, August 15, 2003

Okay, y'all are going to have to bear with the new blogger :). I'm probably going to spend the next week trying to figure out what kind of code I need to learn so I can have the template I want. The template I really, really want has a way for visitors to vent -- er, post their responses. That isn't offered here, but I'm supposed to be able to graft a couple of templates together (sort of Franken-programming, for lack of a more technical response) and get what I want. Either that or my computer spontaneously melts down. I suspect that during this white rabbit chase I'll also learn how to set up links. Cool -- and I thought that this was going to be just another P.E. class! Lose 50 pounds while you learn how to really scramble your computer's brain!

St. Vidicon protect me from the Imp of the Perverse, also known as that [deleted][deleted] Murphy.

So while I'm figuring out yet another set of languages, here's my goal:

I want to lose between 50 and 60 pounds in the next 12 - 18 months. I want to do this in a way that will be more or less permanent -- or at least as permanent as anything in the human condition can be. I figure the only way to do this is slowly so that it will truly be a lifestyle change. Being lazy by nature, I only want to do this ONCE. Tomorrow I'm going to start figuring out my baselines in weight and behavior. By Tuesday I should have a very basic plan, even if it's only for the next 24 hours.

I'm already going to a gym but, if I have to be absolutely truthful (and I hate being absolutely truthful) my life has been so distracted lately that it has been difficult to set up a routine. Right now my goal is just getting to the gym tomorrow.

No comments: