Monday, October 29, 2007

In Case Anyone Needed A Reminder

That I was out of my ever-lovin' mind and thoroughly, albeit undiagnosed, madder than a March Hare:


Exhibit A


Faroese Knitting Patterns

knitted shawls

translated by Marilyn van Keppel


Anything that calls for casting on more than 475 stitches is nuts.


Oh, but it gets better. The book is written for hem-up knitting; I am going to reverse one of the patterns and knit it collar down.


And mind you, I've never actually figured out how to do one of these in proper order, so naturally I'm going to do it all cattywhompus and expect good results. In my favor is one of those just-ab0ut-to-go-to-sleep moments of revelation, where everythe falls in order and makes perfect sense. And then I have a good night's sleep because I managed to figure out something that's been driving me nuts for years.


The only downside that I can figure out is that I'm going to have to get more lace needles...wait a minute, I'm not sure that qualifies as a downside....


I'm pretending that the instructions don't call for lining. Don't attempt to disillusion me.

No comments: